The World Wide Web of Woes: Only Two Problems That Really Matter
Forget about your data security concerns for a moment, or even those pesky privacy invasions you’ve been trying to swat away like summer mosquitoes. Hold up on your worries about online scams, phishing, or the mounting pressure of digital misinformation. There are other pressing problems you need to worry about that directly affect your business.
So what are the 2 types of problems in the digital world? Traffic and conversion. As a business owner, you might have encountered either or both of these problems which have negatively impacted your sales. In this blog post, we’ll explore these 2 issues and provide tips to help you overcome them.
Digital World Problem #1: Traffic
Have you ever uploaded a YouTube video, launched a blog, or set up a website and found that the visitor counter barely twitched? There you are, pouring your heart and soul into delivering value-packed content, and it seems like the entire internet population collectively decides, “Nah, we’ll pass.”
Welcome to the first type of problem in the digital world: Traffic. Or more specifically, the profound lack thereof.
It’s essential to have a steady flow of traffic to your site because the more visitors you have, the higher the chances of making sales. There’s no magic pill to generate traffic. It’s a slow burner, requiring a combination of patience, resilience, and a healthy dose of shamelessness.
Solutions to Get More Traffic
- Optimise your content for search engines: This will help you rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs), which will increase your visibility online. Learn how to make SEO-friendly content here and also here.
- Use social media: Promote your website on social media platforms to drive traffic to your site. Try to offer your audience something fresh, something that tickles their curiosity.
- Invest in paid ads: Pay-per-click (PPC) ads can help you reach a wider audience and increase traffic to your site.
- Facts tell, but stories sell: If you can weave your offerings into an engaging story, traffic will follow. Empathise with your clients by finding out what keeps them awake at night, as well as what they dream about when they’re zoning out at work.
Digital World Problem #2: Conversion
Once you’ve managed to tackle the traffic problem – getting some eyeballs on your content – you encounter the second problem in the digital world: conversion. This one is a bit more painful because it’s personal.
People are finally looking at you. They’ve stopped in their tracks, they’re interested, they’re giving you attention, but for some reason, they won’t take that next step. They won’t sign up for your newsletter; they won’t click on that shiny “Buy Now” button; they won’t share your blog post with their hundreds of followers. It’s like they’ve friend-zoned you, hard. You haven’t been able to persuade them to commit.
Solutions to Get More Conversions
- Offer incentives: Offer visitors something in return for their contact information, such as a discount code or a free e-book.
- Improve your website’s user experience: This means easy navigation, speedy page loads, and a hassle-free checkout or sign-up process. The less friction, the better the chance they’ll convert.
- Use customer testimonials: Social proof can be a powerful tool in encouraging visitors to take action on your website.
- Use clear and compelling calls to action (CTAs): Your website’s CTAs should be easy to find and compelling enough to encourage visitors to take action. Examples include “Sign up and get 50% off your first order today,” “Download your free e-book now,” “Book your dream vacation today,” and “See why 500+ businesses trust our software.”
Solving these two problems – traffic and conversion – isn’t a one-and-done task. It’s a perpetual process of refining, testing, failing, learning, and iterating. And that’s the fun of it all. Each failure is a lesson learned, each success a cause for celebration.
Manifest Website Design: Two Problems, One Solution
As a self-employed business owner, it’s crucial to understand the two major sales problems in the digital world, traffic and conversion, and how these affect your revenue. Dealing with these problems is a lot like dealing with life’s problems – you must face them head-on, accept them, understand them, and then strategically work towards resolving them. Enjoy the journey. What’s life without a little challenge?
If you’re still confused or just can’t be stuffed figuring it all out on your own, don’t sweat it, mate. That’s why agencies like us exist. At Manifest Website Design, we understand the rough and tumble of the digital landscape. We’ve mastered the art of attracting attention, as well as turning casual visitors into loyal clients. Let’s have a chat about how we can solve your digital dilemmas today.
About the Author
Jillian has over 30 years of experience in technology, programming, and digital marketing. Her work with the stock exchange in Australia, as well as other large corporations, has given her invaluable business expertise.
At Manifest Website Design, she helps goal-driven entrepreneurs build their business, regardless of size and industry, using the power of the internet. She’ll walk alongside you every step of the way, making sure that your website is running smoothly, and most importantly, generating leads. Connect with her on LinkedIn.